Wednesday, May 30, 2018
Today was the last travel day, from Indiana to Austintown. It is so good to be home and sit in our own chairs and put our feet up. We will take tomorrow to sleep late, unload, and unpack. Then on Friday we will pick up Jeremy after he gets back from work. Saturday is Card Club, Sunday is a Family Picnic & Meet the Baby, Monday starts classes again…..
Next New Adventure
- As many of you know, several years ago Jim and I did some research on Ancestry and wrote a Family Tree book which we sent out to everyone including cousins. With the supplement on Kings, Clans, and Castles it was about 500 pages. Warnekes, Weavers, and Mikesells
- Then in 2013 we hosted a Warneke Family Reunion. For that event we served food and held games and crafts that related to the Warneke family heritage — French Canadian, Slovak, and German. We were also able to extend several more branches of the Warneke tree, and shared that with the family.
- Since my adoptive mother and my biological mother were sisters, I already had that branch of our ancestors. However, all I knew about my biological dad was his name and I wasn’t even sure how to spell it! Yesterday the results of my DNA test came back and I found a cousin. (BTW Collins came back as my cousin, which is exactly right.) So we chatted back and forth a bit and she game me some names to get started with. Her dad and my dad were brothers and she knew the name of our grandfather. With that information and some family tree searches I am now going in a whole new direction. I also sent messages to others who matched in the DNA search and am waiting for their responses. It is too bad we didn’t send the kits in earlier as she lives in California and we may have been able to arrange a meeting in person.
- Classes begin Monday
- No pouring until next week
- Need to unload molds, paints, etc. from the trip
- need to pick up order at OCS
- last day to follow the carousel and be entered into the drawing
- Jeremy will draw the winning entry on Friday
Carol’s Carousel Creations
Jim & Carol Warneke
Thank you to Joey for mowing the lawn
Thank you to Vanessa for watering the plants
Thank you to Alice for opening up the studio on Mondays & Wednesdays
Thank you to Laura for taking entries and picking up supplies at the Midwest Ceramic Show
Thank you to Jimmy & Deana for taking care of Jeremy all this time