Oh My Gosh, it’s Christmas and I’m not ready!
- It’s already Monday and I haven’t done Sunday’s blog,
- Didn’t clean the house and everyone’s coming tomorrow for brunch!
- Didn’t bake the banana bread (but Walmart had some I can buy).
- Didn’t get the tree up — but why bother now for just one day?
- Didn’t get any decorations out this year.
- Didn’t help Jeremy make any Christmas gifts
But let’s look on the bright side:
- We got all the AfricanAmericanKids Etsy orders done and shipped.
- We did get students’ items fired, some yet to be picked up as everyone is busy.
- We bought the food for tomorrow and the ham’s in the oven now.
- We took Jeremy shopping and helped wrap all his gifts.
- We made couple’s gifts — all are fired, painted, wrapped, and under the tree.
- We decorated the house with the ceramic trees that were on display in the studio.
- We hosted the Pinochle Club Christmas Party.
- We hosted the Annual Cookie Exchange Christmas Tea (Jim made pizzelles)
- We hosted two Party Van workshops where seniors painted mini trees.
- We hosted the November MVCT meeting and all-day banding workshop.
- We poured plates for the December MVCT meeting here next Sunday
So, why am I tired?
- Maybe because I am almost seventy-five years old!
- Maybe because Jim has lots of health issues this year, leaving more tasks to me.
- Maybe because I schedule too many things to do.
- Maybe because we are trying to reorganize and redecorate the studio, as well as run the business.
I remember the first year I didn’t bake Christmas cookies and how that made me feel. That’s when I realized that it is actually Okay to not get everything done.
I was reading my Facebook messages this evening and was referred to my friend’s blog. She writes so much better than I do and her topic is “Lowering My Expectations as a mom during the holidays.” BearHavenMama.com
Carol’s Carousel Creations
Where having Fun is why we come!
And we will be back in the studio next year.
Sunday, January 5th, at 1:00, Let it Snow WS
Monday, January 6th, at 6:00 Open Classes