Finally figured it out:
- I was able to change a setting on the Kids Krafts Apron video and share it to Carol’s Carousel Creations Facebook page with the rest of the videos.
- We are getting lots of views of the Friday night videos (111, 290, 215, 88, and 58 in order of broadcast); Kids Krafts had 87 on the apron but the first one was shared so I don’t have a count.
- However, people actually buying the To-Go Kits and Kids Krafts Baskets has been very sparse. We have tried to keep the price down ($15 for To-Go and $10 for Kids Krafts) and even offered to deliver them to people’s homes. Suggestions on promoting sales would be appreciated.
What’s Coming Up?
- Facebook Live Videos: In light of the number of viewers we will try to continue the Summer Schedule as announced last week. (Scroll down to see the post.) Even if people don’t take us up on purchasing the materials, at least we are sharing knowledge in the field of ceramics.
- In-Studio Classes: People have been asking if they can come in and paint. I am still not certain what that will look like with the COVID-19 restrictions. Here are some ideas:
- we have made facemasks for everyone
- we have gloves if you wish to use them
- we have hand sanitizer available
- we will sanitize all bowls, palettes, brushes, and paints after you leave (do NOT return anything to the shelf, just leave it on the table)
- we can only seat 11 people if we use both rooms (and if I can get the lumber relocated that is taking up the first table). People from the same household can sit together.
- there will be a studio fee ($5.00) for any no shows unless you call and cancel
- we have considered purchasing face shields to use instead of the masks (need your opinion on whether that might be more comfortable)
- we will NOT be taking temperatures. It is your responsibility to stay home if you don’t feel well but please let us know in case someone else wants your seat.
- tentative reopening date is Monday, July 6th at 6:00.
- We will plan to do the workshop that was broadcast the previous Friday.
- You MUST make reservations so that I can arrange seating .
- You MUST tell me whether you want the workshop or Open Class. Since we are using both rooms it may be necessary to separate these two groups
- Party Van Workshops: We will resume the Party Van Workshops as soon as the nursing homes and care centers allow outsiders to come in. There is already one scheduled for the end of July.
- Wednesday @ 3:00 Kids Krafts Realistic Rabbit, drybrushing, for your garden.
- Friday @ 6:00 Pet Angels, how to use metallic rub-on pastes
Carol’s Carousel Creations
Where having Fun is why we come!
So just what does our New Normal look like?
More online classes,
social distancing in our studio classes,
and our Party Van Workshops.