I just love bringing ceramic techniques to our followers as I am a teacher at heart and love to share. This “business” of ours has turned into an online shopping center, which was never our intention. Of course, COVID has helped to promote this and also caused in-studio classes to slow way down, technique workshops and party-van classes to come to a complete halt. So disappointing.
Help wanted with videos
- Is there some way to make the videos profitable?
- I have encouraged people to paint along with us but have only had a few purchases by viewers.
- Some ceramic teachers also broadcast on a U-Tube channel which I know nothing about.
- Help with the technology of using Facebook Live would also be appreciated. We always seem to have some kind of tech problem.
- 3/24 For our GLAZE CLASS next week, we will be glazing some Easter Eggs. Some ideas are crystals, marbling, cobblestone, cascade, Spektaclear, satin, True Matte, and art glazes.
- 3/31 The following week, we will do more eggs but this time with NON-FIRED PRODUCTS. Ideas include acrylic stains, Azure alcohol markers, designs with mud, and watercolor paints.
- 4/7 This is the first Thursday of April and our week for non-fired products. However, since we did non-fired last week (5 Thursdays in March) and will be broadcasting from the Midwest Ceramic Show we will clue you in on what is going on.
MVCT (Mahoning Valley Ceramic Teachers) is demonstrating RUBBER STAMPS at the show using Duncan Concepts. We have a variety of stamps on hand including full-sheet texture stamps, strip stamps especially good for borders, shape stamps, and craft-store stamps. Paint is applied with a sponge dauber or roller.
- 4/14 During PLAY WITH CLAY we will be creating a “cookie tree”. If you watched Michael’s demonstration, he made a snowflake tree and had a Shamrock tree in the background. We will be making a tree with butterflies & flowers and hope to have our Easter Egg tree ready to show you.
- 4/21 UNDERGLAZES will be used to make handprint and footprint plates. Students often take the plate and some paint home to do the prints with baby, then bring them back to the studio for painting and firing. I find that most who do these make several … for Mom, Grandma, Aunt Betty, and so on. A great Mother’s Day gift and we also have our Daddy’s Grilli’n Plate for Father’s Day. You can do these with acrylic paints, it is just harder to wash off baby’s hands and feet.
- 4/28 OVERGLAZES will be added to a pre-glazed project. Options include 14K gold (real gold), white gold, Mother of Pearl, and decals. All are fired to a much lower temperature than glazes, typically 017-020 instead of 06
- 5/5 We will be STAINING our Mother’s Day tree using Fashenhues. We will be using what we call our logo tree because it is a better size than the small ones and we can add a greeting to the oval on the front.
“Follow the Carousel” Drawing
When you log into our website CarolsCarouselCreations.com it will open to the blog page. In the upper right corner, there is a box asking you to enter your email address. This will get you each week’s blog sent directly to your inbox, so you won’t have to log in to see it. It is just once a week, and no other emails will be sent. If we make changes or additions to the web page, we will note that in the blog and you can tune in if interested in the update.
Those who choose to “follow” the carousel page will be entered into a drawing for the complete set of Easter eggs painted on 3/24 and 3/31. (Maybe as many as two dozen, it depends on the timing during the Live broadcast.) The drawing will be held during the Live on 3/31and the prize will be mailed out right away. Please sign up and Good Luck!
Carol’s Carousel Creations
Where having Fun is why we come!
Please print out the Live schedule for March & April and add the dates to your calendar.
Then go to the website and “follow the carousel” to enter the drawing for ceramic eggs!