- We have mailed or delivered all of the online orders
- We have glazed and fired all of the snowman plates
- We have poured all the greenware and the last bisque firing will be tomorrow.
- This is the last week of classes: Monday, 12/17 and Wednesday, 12/19 (call if you need to come another time)
- We will be closed Saturday, December 22nd until Monday, January 7th
It has been a very good year.
Personally, we celebrated out 50th Anniversary with a Renewal of Vows and Reception in February; then a seven-week trip to see all the western MLB stadiums. Some ceramic accomplishments this year:
- We attended the Cyberflyers Regional Event at the Duncan Plant in Fresno, California
- We picked up African-American molds and bisque in Oregon.
- We picked up more molds in Illinois, Michigan, and Akron, adding to our African-American Collection, our Carousel Collection, and our Disney molds.
- We traveled to Delaware where we learned how to pour the masters and make our own Alberta Carousel Molds.
- We established the Carousel Party Van, where we bring the ceramics to you. Our clientele included nursing homes, disabled adult workshops, and group homes.
- We hosted Duncan Essentials training for students interested in becoming Certified Duncan Teachers.
- We hosted several Duncan University Classes.
- We established a new Chapter of IADCCT (International Association of Duncan Certified Ceramic Teachers). We call ourselves MVCT (the Mahoning Valley Ceramic Teachers).
- We continued to offer Open Classes two or three times a week as well as additional Workshops where folks learn a new technique.
- We also hosted some special events such as a Mommy & Me Tea Party and several Date Nights.
Goals for the New Year
- Expand Party Van list
- Introduce African-American Collection
- Improve social media advertising
- Add day classes to the schedule.
- Make progress on remodeling and redecorating projects.
- Work on Carousel Collection
- Hire some help! (Bartering ceramic bisque & lessons for help in the studio)