The Fall Show is Friday & Saturday September 10th & 11th in Hamilton Ohio. Doors open at 10:00 and close at 4:00 both days. There will be classes by Dru and Ruth Ann, vendors with bisque and supplies to sell, and the ceramic competition.
Pieces being submitted need to be entered before 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 8th so we will go down that morning and take everyone’s pieces. You need to have them to the studio no later than Tuesday evening, September 7th.
This is about you, school grade or age category and ceramics experience. You will enter this on the registration form along with your name and contact information only once.
1. PRE-SCHOOL – Categories A, B, C, and D only.
2. ELEMENTARY – Grades 1 thru 3.
3. ELEMENTARY – Grades 4 thru 5.
4. MIDDLE SCHOOL – Grades 6 thru 9.
5. HIGH SCHOOL – Grades 10 thru 12.
6. ADA DISABILITY – A. Adults.
7. ADA DISABILITY – B. Child.
8. NOVICE – Doing ceramics 1 year or less.
9. AMATEUR – Doing ceramics 1 to 5 years.
10. ADVANCED AMATEUR – Doing ceramics more than 5 years.
11. SENIOR CITIZEN – 62 years young who have not taught.
12. SEMI-PROFESSIONAL – Employees who work in a shop other than a teaching capacity, who sell or have sold finished ceramics and/or supplies.
13. PROFESSIONAL – Shop owners, store front or home, teacher, past or present, which have or have had a license to sell.
14. SENIOR PROFESSIONAL – 62 years young, shop owners, home or store front, teachers, licensed sellers, past or present.
15. MASTERS – Has a degree in Art, has authored a book or has won three major awards such as Peggy, Best of Show, Masters, etc.
16. BLUE RIBBON – Any Blue Ribbon Winner from any show since January of Previous Year. Must Have Ribbon Attached.
Categories & Subdivisions
This is about the piece or pieces you are entering. You may enter several pieces on the same entry form. My recommendation is to enter three pieces in different categories.
A. ORIGINALS IN CLAY 4. Metallics
1. Sculpting 5. Textured Stains
2. Slab 6. Dry Brush
3. Wheel Thrown 7. Free Hand Design
4. Flowers (hand made) A. From Pattern
A. Porcelain B. Original Design
B. Ceramic 8. Miscellaneous
5. Coil 9. Chalk
6. Raku 10. Decoupage
B. GLAZE 11. Lace/Fabric Draping
1. Glaze Combination
2. Glaze Control
3. Art or Crystal Glaze
4. One Glaze Only E. PORCELAIN
5. Majolica Technique 1. Commercial Blank
6. Granular Glaze A. China Paint
7. Chalks on Glaze B. Stain
8. Miscellaneous C. Free Hand Design
9. Raku D. Pattern
C. UNDERGLAZE F. Miscellaneous
1. Translucent G. Chalk
2. Opaque 2. Cast
3. Miscellaneous A. Bisque
B. China Paint
4. Free Hand Designs C. Stain
A. From Pattern D. Free Hand Design
B. Original Design E. Pattern
5. Translucent & Opaque F. Underglaze
6. Polished G. Miscellaneous
D. STAINS H. Chalk
1. Opaque I. Lace/Fabric Draping
2. Translucent & Opaque
3. Stain & Glaze Combo
The Midwest Ceramic Association Show
F. OVERGLAZE K. AIR BRUSH
1. China Painting 1. Glaze
2. Decals 2. Opaque & Trans Underglaze
3. Fired Metalics 3. Glaze
4. Miscellaneous 4. Overglaze
G. GREENWARE 5. Miscellaneous
1. Cut Out, Pierced, Carved L. GOOF-UP
2. Sprigging No Trophy
3. Embossing, Texture, M. GLASS
Build-Up 1. Slumping
4. Clay Lift 2. Jewelry
5. Miscellaneous A. Hand Decorated
6. Sgraffito B. Fused
7. Mold Adaption 3. Commercial
H. STONEWARE A. Hand Decorated
1. Bisque B. Decals
2. Decorated 4. Dichronic
3. Miscellaneous A. Hand Decorated
I. HOLIDAY B. Fused
3. Nativity Sets
B. Bisque Bodies
3. Antique Reproductions
4. Hand Sculpted Dolls
(Must include original)
The Midwest Ceramic Association and its members are not responsible for any damage that may occur to your entries.
ALL SECURITY MEASURES WILL BE TAKEN
ENTRIES JUDGED FOR:
1. Cleaning, Neatness
2. Uniform Thickness
3. Well Joined Add-ons
2. Mold Adaptation
2. Depth of Color
3. Suitability Design/Color
MIDWEST CERAMIC ASSOCIATION
AWARDS & SPECIAL RECOGNITION
Winners will be awarded 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place, ribbons, with possible duplicate awards.
Winners will be awarded a White Middee Trophy, and a Blue Rosette for 1st place,
a Red Rosette for 2nd place and a White Rosette for 3rd place, chosen from the1st place SUB-DIVISION winners.
Winners will receive a Pearl Middee Trophy and a Double Blue Rosette, one for Cast, one for Originals in Clay, chosen from 1st place Rosette winners.
BEST OF SHOW:
Winner will receive a Best of Show Ribbon and Large Pearl Middee Trophy, chosen from the 1st place winners of all Classifications, one for Cast and one for Originals in Clay.
Winner receives Scholarship Ribbon, Pearl Scholarship Middee Trophy, one for Cast and one for Originals in Clay, chosen from 1st place High School Rosette winners.
Special Award for Originality.
Special Award for unique use of Decals.
PEGGY and FREDDY Awards from FIRED ARTS
Entry forms will be available in the studio. I cannot get the jpg to upload.
The Midwest Ceramic Association Show — these listings can be found on their website. Also, there is a list of teachers and vendors. www.midwestceramics.org
Carol’s Carousel Creations
Where having Fun is why we come!
Please let me know as soon as you can if you are entering something in the competition.