With all of the COVID restsrictions this year, life has changed considerably for people throughout the world. Jeremy, Jim, and I got some COVID Christmas shirts. We had a quiet Christmas with just the three of us, then our kids are visiting us on different days. Gifts for grandkids and greatgrands were sent home or mailed. No big family gatherings this whole year.
We hope that you all had a great day despite the restrictions and that you have a safe and healthy New Year.
What happened in 2020
- No studio classes for awhile, then reopening the studio with social distancing and sanitizing so we can paint safely. We offered to-go kits so people could paint at home, even offered to deliver or ship but there was no interest.
- No nursing home classes, then we did have one in a residential building near year’s end.
- Facebook Live “classes” (which turned out to be only demonstrations as noone was interested in ordering the kits that we had available).
- Sample Sale on trees was somewhat successful but the other Facebook sales we did were not productive.
- Etsy stores were busy with people doing online shopping for the holidays. We were swamped with orders and a few are still not fullfilled.
- Catalog orders came in but we don’t have a very efficient way to keep track of them and some information got lost.
[If you thought you ordered something and didn’t get it please send an email to CarolsCarouselCreations@gmail.com or call 330-219-8001.
I ended up with an extra Af-Am caroler set painted, an Ohio State tree, and an extra set of naughty turtles. If you ordered these please call asap.]
- DUNCAN SOLD it’s ceramics division to Mayco who will produce a limited number of Duncan products. We have used Duncan products exclusively since we started in 1970. We are both Duncan certified and members if IADCCT (International Association of Duncan Certified Ceramic Teachers) and MVCT (Mahoning Valley Ceramic Teachers, a chapter of IADCCT)
- OCS CLOSED Ohio Ceramic Supply is in Ravenna. We have dealt with them since we opened our first studio in Salem in 1972. Now we must order from Buskeye Ceramics near Columbus and have it delivered to the OCS building for pickup.
What’s Coming in 2021
- CLOSED until January 10
- MVCT meeting and class with Larry Knight on Sunday, January 10th This is open to everyone.
- Studio classes resume Monday, January 11th with a special project. Did you know that January 11th is National Milk Day?
- January themes are snowmen and penguins so watch for workshops both in the studio and online.
- January also has MLK Day so look for a special I have a Dream project.
- Janauary 29-30-31 is the IADCCT convention on Zoom. We went to Las Vegas for this last year.
- Christmas cards went out to all 2020 customers with a coupon. Some people who ordered at the end of the year probably didn’t get one so please let me know by email or PM on Messenger.
- Letters to nursing/assisted living facilities are going out. They have a special offer for first-quarter classes either at their facility or online with to-go kits being delivered.
- New Bisque:
1. new hexagon plate mold is already here
2. several new African-American Kids molds are ordered
3. Star Wars banks are ordered and on their way.
- FEBRUARY had Valentine’s Day and some other “holidays” so watch for special classes here, too.
- MARCH has St. Patrick’s Day and we need to prepare for Easter on April 4th.
- answer all inquiries on the webpage. I never even saw these messages.
- rearrange studio shelving
- finish bathroom
- install ceiling fans
Carol’s Carousel Creations
Where havinig Fun is why we come!