Wow! This Tuesday is the 1st of December already! And we revisit the year with no holidays. February we went to the IADCCT Convention in Las Vegas. Came home and shared some of what we learned with other members and friends. Classes went on as usual and we prepared a special Easter Workshop with a basket, a chocolate bunny, and Easter eggs to be painted with Mud. Then COVID hit and the bisque is still sitting on my shelf.
No Easter, no Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, birthdays, family picnic in June, Card club picnic in July, Star Trek Club picnic in August, Halloween party, nor Thanksgiving. Ceramic shows and Open houses were cancelled.
So how do we find the POSITIVE in all of this self-isolation?
We learn to use technology.
March 22 was our first Facebook live workshop and we had Kids Krafts project on Wednesdays and an adult project on Fridays. Then we went to just Fridays and integrated the kids version into the regular adult class. The to-go kits were a flop so we still have lots of materials on hand for paint kits, gift bags and baskets, brushes, etc.
We had a ZOOM class with ceramic professional David Hoff, and are going through a five-week brush stroke workshop with him now. After we finish we can offer these projects in our studio. We are even doing the 2021 IADCCT Convention via Zoom.
Etsy stores and our online catalog have brought in a lot of orders. We are struggling to keep up and have gone “on vacation” for the month of December so we can get everyone’s orders shipped out.
So Where is our Countdown to Christmas?, you ask.
1. Open Classes for our studio painters means pouring, cleaning, and firing
2. Mail orders means pouring, cleaning, firing, painting, packing, and shipping.
3. Writing and mailing Christmas cards to friends, family, and customers. This will include a special coupon to be used in January or February.
4. Wrapping and mailing Christmas gifts to out-of-state family.
5. Baking and making gifts for local family and friends.
6. Shopping was all done online and most of it has already arrived.
7. Decorating needs done before mask-wearing family stops by
So let’s get this all done and have a happy, safe holiday.
Carol’s Carousel Creations
Where having Fun is why we come!
Note: we did two Sample Sale videos on Facebook Live.
Check them out and if you see something you want
you can still pick it up at the studio or have it mailed.
All samples are going for the bisque price.