2020 A Vision for the Future
What do YOU want to do
in our Wonderful World of Ceramics?
Designing Technique Workshops or Party Van workshops, or even deciding what to pour for our Open Classes all depends on YOU.
And when we create a workshop, pour the bisque, and paint the samples and then no one shows up
we wonder why???
- No interest in the project?
- Too expensive?
- Busy with other activities?
- Would really like to see that offered again?
What is your focus?
- Do you want to learn new things or just paint things that are on the shelf?
- Are you making pieces for gifts or for yourself?
- Explore the world of underglazes with Concepts, EZ strokes, and Cover Coats.
- Add glitters and rub on paste colors to enliven your stained projects.
- Learn to use overglazes such as gold, white gold, Mother of Pearl, and decals
- Create with clay? Or learn to cut out wet pieces that are poured?
Think about it and let us know.
- Check our our Etsy stores: AfricanAmericanKids and CarolsCarouselShop
- Check out our Facebook pages: Carol’s Carousel Creations (for everyone), Carol’s Carousel Studio Group (for students in class), African-American Kids (news about the Etsy store), Carol’s Carousel Shoppe (news about that Etsy store), MVCT (Mahoning Valley Ceramic Teachers) page (not group).
Learn to navigate the website [You are on the website!]:
- Check out the catalogs: Catalog, Carousels, and African-American Kids from the menu bar. You can pull down for additional menus or just click for a catalog listing
- Scroll down and down and down this page to read all our blog posts. Many techniques are described in detail with pictures and instructions.
- Use the search button on the right of the screen to find both posts and pages that relate to your topic, with short descriptions and links.
- Subscribe by entering your email address where it says to “follow” and you wll get an email whenever a new post is added (but not new pages)
- More menu bar items include color charts and silkscreens, information on parties and showers.
FREE LESSON for any referrals — just pick up some business cards, write your name on the back, and the new student gets a free lesson + you get a free lesson. Hand them out to scout groups, church groups, and nursing homes. Tell them about our Party Van.
And don’t forget to tell your friends that we are handicap accessible.
(That’s why we put Jim’s picture on our business card. LOL)