Students who attend the Open Workshops on Monday and Wednesday this week will get to make a coffee mug for FREE to leave in the studio. We will be learning to use silkscreens and will put our names on the mugs. (If taken home they are $5.00 each.) Studio fee still applies. There will probably still be time to work on your other projects.
Kids Krafts Fridays
Kids Krafts this week is trying SOMETHING NEW! Instead of a ceramics project we are going to be doing fabric painting. I have 3 totes and 3 aprons in stock but reservations will guarantee that you get what you want. See poster for details.
Monthly Studio Fees
Beginning July 1st students will be able to purchase studio time for $20.00 per month.
- Come as often as you want.
- Receive $5.00 credit towards any workshop fees.
- Regular studio or lesson fee will now be $6.00.
- Not refundable and not transferrable. Good only for the month purchased.
- Please remember that shelf space is available for regular students only.
Changes in the Studio
It has been a busy week!
- cleaned, restocked, and labeled bisque shelves removing samples (will try to resume pouring next week)
- cleaned, moved, and organized the 3 wooden display shelf units and added 4 black & white shelf units.
- boxed up the holiday samples
- stacked paint racks and moved supply shelf to increase floor space.
- moved refrigerator unit, trash can, and laundry hamper
There is still a lot to do but we are making progress.
Last Week’s Workshops
We did our ice cream bowl workshop on Monday, with four painters (one didn’t get finished). Don’t they look professional? Everyone had fun doing this and I enjoyed actually teaching a class.
The Kids Krafts Grilling Plate WS was last Friday. First picture was the inspiration for the workshop; then Rory with her plate (she came on Friday). We scheduled another session for Tuesday and had six more kids, plus two who were ill and did theirs at home. All together we did 9 plates with 10 kids. The kids sponged on the sky and grass with a dobber, added flowers with the brush handle and did hand prints in yellow, orange, and red. Moms painted the grill and added the lettering. Everyone seemed to have fun making unique handprint plates for Father’s Day. They also got to color a Father’s Day card while Mom was finishing up the details.
The Garden Shower for John & Malaina’s Wedding was held Saturday night with seven painters. The little flower pots were party favors. The three bunnies and three stepping stones were painted with Fashenhues (one wasn’t finished when the pictures were taken). The turtle, duck planter, kettle planter, strawberry girl flower pot, and garden frog were all done buy first-time painters. Shown here before firing, they turned out pretty nice. Thanks again to everyone who came. We snacked on garden veggies & fruits, cheese & crackers, and dirt pudding; then played some rather challenging garden trivia games. Remember that we can do a Garden Shower for you! Just ask for details.
Where having FUN is why we come!
So come and bring a friend
to our many fun summer workshops!
And let your kids come on Fridays to Kids Krafts!
There’s something new every week.