We haven’t been blogging for a while but you can watch what’s going on by checking out the Facebook page.
Here’s what’s happening now:
- Garden critters — A popular item this time of year. We have frogs, turtles, raccoons, rabbits, geese, and more to come. They can be painted in stains or glazes.
- Stepping stones — These go nicely in the garden, too. We recently had a Fashenhues workshop with the stepping stones as that technique brings out the fine details.
- Fairy Houses — We have the soft mushroom house and the Nibble Nook Mouse House from before. We just picked up two Teapot Fairy Houses at the show. And there are lots of little critters and accessories (such as a picket fence and a bridge) to put in your garden. We also have a set of three fairies but the scale is different than our fairy houses.
- Kitchen Accessories — click this link to see pictures. In the Kitchen We have been pouring and making samples of scrubby (SOS) holders, baking soda shakers (for the fridge), and spoon rests. Yet to come are napkin holders and salt & pepper shakers.
- Tea Sets — Scheduled for last week but we had no power for several days and didn’t get the pouring done. The Mommy & Me Tea Party will be rescheduled soon. Watch for it!
- Power Rangers Super Hero — This workshop is scheduled for tomorrow night. Due to busy baseball schedules we are also repeating the workshop next Tuesday. Still time to sign up.
- Star Trek & Other Super Heroes — We have been making R2D2 mugs, Captain Jane way “coffee” mugs, C3PO and Darth Vader magnets, and YSU planetarium penguins for the USS Renegade (the Youngstown area Star Trek Club). Of course, anyone can make these for themselves during class.
- Bathroom — We are still working on it. There seem to be so many other interruptions but one of these days we will have a bright, carousel-themed, handicapped bathroom just inside the mud room. When it’s done we will have a celebration!
Here’s what’s coming soon:
- Clay Club — This is where Kids of all Ages will make critters and decorations out of clay. We do not use a wheel for this, but rather Clay Puzzling molds for the basic shapes, then accessorize. See the tab “CLAY” for some pictures.
- New Molds — We ordered include the Dogwood Cross, Penguin Tree, and Top Hat. They should be here in about six weeks.
- Spring Workshops — These will include some of the pieces we did at the Midwest Ceramic Show last month. Watch for announcements coming soon.