We had fun last night painting our Fall Harvest Jars with Fashenhues. I didn’t get to do one last year because mine was poured at the last minute and blew up in the kiln. I happened to be the only one who got finished so we don’t have lots of workshop pictures to share. I posted the picture on several Facebook Ceramic groups I belong to and had many requests for a technique sheet. So here it is for those who might be interested.
Technique Sheet for Fall Harvest Jar with Fashenhues
Base coat with cream, second coat with white.
Antique with 182 brown and wipe back. Only do a small (2×2) area at a time.
Using a new brush for each color, paint colors as follows and wipe back each with paper towel, using a Q-tip for hard-to-reach areas. Use baby wipes to clean hands and hold piece with paper towel to prevent contamination from dirty hands.
- Paint pumpkin with S29 pumpkin
- Paint corn with S11 yellow
- Paint corn husk with S26A lime
- Paint alternate leaves with S45 Harvest Moon and S48 Cayenne
- Paint one squirrel on lid and opposite squirrel on jar with S1 Indian flesh (leave others)
- Paint grass, pumpkin stem, and tendrils with S08 mint green
- Paint acorn caps with S21mustard
- Paint acorn bulbs with S20 red-brown
- Paint eyes with white, pupils with black, add eyelashes do NOT wipe back. Add small highlight to black on eye at 2 o’clock position.
Let dry while cleaning up brushes with soap and water.
Spray with high gloss sealer.
Where having Fun is why we come!
We had fun!
Why not join us next Thursday for Colorburst Crystal Fall Leaf Dishes
or the following Thursday for the Soft Pumpkin Stack Candy Dish?