There are several people who help me with marketing; that is, setting up and managing the website (Lesa), posting the workshops on Buy-Sell-Trade (Deana), and arranging homeschool and other groups (Bonnie). Last night we had a Brainstorming Session on how to reach more people. Most businesses run ads in the newspaper but we don’t want to actually advertise because we are in a residential setting.
The best way to let people know about us is YOU. So what can you do? Here are some ideas:
- Tell a friend. Word-of-mouth and personal recommendations are always the best form of flattery. If you tell someone else about your experience at our studio, you must have had some fun here.
- Comment on Facebook posts. When you see a workshop posted on Buy-Sell Trade, your comment makes the post go to the top of the list. So make a comment or ask a question. One disadvantage of posting here is how fast they disappear. So please check it out. You can sign up on the Buy-Sell-Trade page to get a notification every time I post. We post on pages in communities within about a half-hour drive of the studio.
- Share Carousel Facebook posts. When you see a post on my Facebook page (Carol’s Carousel Creations) share it to your page. That way people who are friends of yours can see it too. And they can share it as well, if they want to.
- Bring a Friend. We have a card that was created for Carol’s Birthday Party event called a BOZO card. You get a free lesson ($5.00) and your friend gets a free lesson + free bisque up to $10.00. In other words, their first visit to the studio is free. You can use this card for anyone who has not been here before. You can use this more than one time by bringing more that one new person.
- Birthday Club. Tell your friends about our birthday club. First they must register and they get a Birthday Club Card to keep. This is especially fun for the kids. Usually when they come they will bring someone else with them.
- Groups. Do you or your kids belong to a group? We have had classes for Girl Scouts, 4-H, homeschoolers, card clubs, and just a group of friends. Check out the tab on this page for more information.
- Parties. Do you know someone who is getting married or having a baby? We have showers where the guests all make something for the bride or for the baby. Do you know someone who is having a birthday? We can do birthday parties. Each person at the party gets to make something to take home. Check out the tab on this page for more information.
- Feedback. Let us know what you want to make, or what technique you want to learn. Tell us about what you like or what you want to see changed, both in the studio and in the online posts.
- Follow our blog by signing up on the webpage and giving your email address. You will then get an email each time I post a blog (usually daily). You will not get notified when I add a page or make changes but these things will be mentioned in the blog.
Thanks for listening and thanks, in advance, for helping. We can seat up to twenty for parties but would prefer that workshops and open classes have only eight to twelve at a time.
Where having FUN is why we come!